As mentioned below, an alarming number of criminal incidents occur in Washington County, Oregon, so if you have not been looking for arrest warrants against new and old acquaintances, you are simply endangering your life and property. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you go in for a warrant search before forging any personal or work alliances.
You won’t have to look very hard for information on active warrants from Washington County. Drive down to the nearest justice department, and they will be happy to sift through their database of arrest records and warrants and find information on the subject of your inquiry. If you are exclusively looking for crime-related information, it would be prudent to approach the sheriff’s office.
On the other hand, if you would like to learn about all judicial instruments issued against an individual, go to the magistrate’s court. From bench warrants to summons and from outstanding warrants to search orders, these and more are all listed in the judicial entity’s repository.
The Washington County clerk department can also be approached when you need to peep into the arrest records of a person. In fact, this agency will be able to conduct a 360-degree search for you that includes a browse through the database of civil and criminal court dockets. The addresses of these agencies are listed below.
- The police: 215 SW ADAMS, MS 32, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
- The county clerk: 155 North First Street, Hillsboro, Oregon 9712
- The magistrate: 3700 SW Murray Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005
Is it possible to get a hold of Washington County’s warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (At the time of writing, 2021)
- You can call Jail Bookings for information on recent arrests- 503-846-6826.
- You can call the Records division for an arrest report and other non-criminal records – 503-846-2700.
- You can contact the Sheriff’s Office with general questions about law and order- 503-629-0111
- You can contact the Trial Court to obtain information on arrest warrants – 503-846-8888.
- You can call the Washington County Victim Services Office for victim’s assistance- 503-846-8671.
- You can contact the Court Administrator for judicial records and a case search- (503) 846-8888 ext. 70568.
Crime statistics of Washington County
Almost 2,829 criminal complaints were filed by the Washington Sheriff’s Department in 2019, compared to the 2,685 crimes reported in 2018. The figure included 2,480 property offenses and 349 crimes against people. The following crimes were reported:
- 1,791 larceny thefts
- 406 burglaries
- 283 motor vehicle thefts
- 207 aggravated assaults
- 108 rapes, and
- 31 robberies
Older crime statistics
Almost 13,000 criminal complaints were filed in Washington County, OR, every year from 1999 to 2008. So, through this decade, nearly 130,000 crimes transpired in the area; of these, over 6500 reports were made against violent criminal acts. Through the period mentioned above, both violent and overall crime grew by an average of 25%.