Given the burgeoning crime rates across the country, doing a warrant search in Douglas County, OR, should form a part of your regular safety measures. In fact, if you have not yet peeped into the background of new professional and personal associates, it is certainly high time you do so. Fortunately, you won’t have to look far and wide for records on arrest warrants from Douglas.
All the information you need about criminal history can be found at the local sheriff’s office, located at 1036 SE Douglas Avenue, Roseburg, Oregon 97470. Any police precinct that you visit will also have a list of the most wanted on its walls. Remembering the convicts’ names and faces on that list will help you further keep antisocial elements away from your assets and personal interests.
If you have information about a specific criminal matter and would like to know about the offender involved in it or need information on judicial instruments like search orders, bench warrants, and outstanding warrants issued in a certain case, you should head to the office of the magistrate.
Because this agency is responsible for the issue of all active warrants in Douglas County, they are keepers of the police affidavit, which is used as the complaint for warrant issues as well as all other information about the detention order. The office of this issuing authority is located at 1036 SE Douglas Ave, Roseburg, OR 97470.
While you are at the courthouse (address given above), take a trip down to Room 217. This is the office of the Douglas County clerk. The agency is responsible for preparing court dockets and maintaining a database of these trial records. To access data on civil and criminal cases, you won’t possibly find a better government source.
Will state agencies provide arrest records or information on warrants issued in Douglas County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- If you need an accident or arrest report, contact the Administrative Division of the Sheriff’s Office at 541-957-4778.
- If you want to do a warrant search, contact the judiciary at 541-957-2471.
- If you want to know about arrests, use the phone number of the Douglas County Corrections- 541-440-4504.
- If you are interested in case-specific information, contact the Investigations at 541-440-4458.
- If you need general information or want to register a complaint, call 541-440-4450.
- If you need victim’s assistance, contact Douglas County Victim Services at 541-440-4390.
- If you want to know when a criminal case will be heard and how to obtain criminal court records, contact the Court Administrator at 541-957-2409.
Crime statistics of Douglas County
Douglas County’s crime rate went from 1112 to 1042 incidents between 2018 and 2019. Property offenses received the most complaints, with 889, out of all the crimes reported in the year. In this category, 235 occurrences of burglary and 455 cases of larceny-theft were reported. Also filed in 2019 were around 155 complaints against violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
About 4% of the reported crime average of Douglas County, OR, which stands at nearly 2000 cases, is related to incidents of violent crime. In contrast, property crime cases hog the maximum space, with over 2000 complaints filed in this category. Between 2000 and 2008, both violent and overall crime rates went up by over 40%.