Both the sheriff’s office and the judiciary offer the general public an opportunity to look through their Clatsop County database, Oregon warrants, and arrest records for a small fee. This is in keeping with the state’s Sunshine Laws, which make all government-held records accessible to all residents. A warrant search along with an inquiry into custodial detentions can be initiated through any of the government entities mentioned below.
- The sheriff’s office: 335 7th St, Astoria, Oregon 97103
- The county clerk’s department: 800 Exchange Street, Astoria, Oregon 97103
- The sitting magistrate’s office: 749 Commercial St, Astoria, OR 97103
Once you put in a formal request for such a service, you will have to wait for at least one day before the detailed crime history report is given to you. On the other hand, if you initiate a similar inquiry through an online information vendor, you can get details on all Clatsop County active warrants against a person within a few minutes.
In fact, many privately managed databases keep records on arrest warrants from all 51 states. In contrast, when you put in an inquiry request through a government office, you will only be given details on outstanding warrants issued by the local tribunals of Clatsop County. To access a database of arrest records and warrant-related information maintained by a third party, use the form given above.
Whether you approach a government agency or choose the internet route, they will ask for basic information like the name of the subject and his/her age, gender, and race to start the search. As a matter of fact, additional details like a social security number or information on the specific criminal matter that the subject was involved in will get you more accurate results.
How do you obtain details pertaining to Clatsop County warrants and arrests? (Revised in 2021)
- Get an incident or arrest report by contacting the police- (503) 325-8635.
- Obtain details about active warrants by contacting the judiciary-503-325-8555.
- Get information on arrests and jail records by calling (503) 325-2061.
- Access information about victim’s help, rights, and financial aid by calling 503-325-1599 or 503-325-8581 ext. 1207.
- Get information about initiating a case search by contacting the Court Administrator- 503-325-8555 ext. 70135.
Crime statistics of Clatsop County
The Clatsop Sheriff’s Office received 194 criminal complaints in 2019, which were a result of 166 property offenses and 28 violent crimes.
More than 120 larceny thefts, 34 burglaries, and 7 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Over 20 aggravated assaults and 6 rapes were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
The police of Clatsop County, OR, receive just over 1100 complaints annually. Of these cases, 5% are against violent crime. However, property crimes account for a mammoth 90% of all criminal complaints. Through the 9 year interval that started in 2000 and went up to 2008, there was an increase of over 50% in reported crime and a growth of over 25% in violent crime.